Here are some ways that we may be able to help if you have been affected by COVID-19:

We are here to help our members affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Find out more about what options may be available to you. If you are unsure or need to discuss further, call us on 0508 738 473.

Mortgage repayment assistance:

Mortgage repayment suspensions:

In line with what the Government has agreed with the main banks, Anglican Financial Care is also able to offer a deferral on principal and interest repayment for up to three months. Any interest accrued during the repayment deferral will be added to your loan.

Mortgage repayment reductions:

If you can afford to pay some of your regular mortgage repayment amount but not all of it, you can apply to reduce your repayments. This can be achieved in various ways. You can:

  • Extend the term of your table mortgage. The maximum term we offer is 25 years. You will pay a smaller amount each fortnight or month but it will take longer to pay the loan off. This would mean you would pay more interest over the term of the loan.
  • Change your table mortgage to an interest only mortgage for a period. No principal will be repaid during the interest only period.

  • Keep the same mortgage type and term but temporarily reduce repayments for up to three months. The shortfall in the repayments would need to be repaid over the remainder of the loan.

If you would like to do any of the above options, you will need to complete an application. Please contact us for more information.

Welfare fund assistance

Welfare Fund

Our Welfare Fund is available to clergy in the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia (and their surviving spouses) to help with personal living costs in these financially troubling times. You can find information about this here.

KiwiSaver assistance

Saving Suspension

You can apply through Inland Revenue for a ‘Savings Suspension’. If you have been contributing to KiwiSaver for over a year you do not need to give a reason for the suspension.

Contribution reduction

If you are contributing a higher percentage rate of your income than the minimum 3%, you can reduce this to a lower contribution rate. You can make this change by filling out the ‘KiwiSaver deduction form KS2’ and giving to your employer.

Hardship withdrawal:

Under the Significant Financial Hardship provision, where you have not been able to get support from other organisations (e.g. WINZ), you can apply for a Significant Financial Hardship withdrawal. Christian KiwiSaver Scheme can approve an amount at our discretion once the application has been assessed.

This should be your last resort option as it will impact the amount of money you will have available when you are eligible to access your money from age 65.

Do you have other KiwiSaver Covid-19 questions? We have compiled a number of KiwiSaver FAQs. You can find them here.

Support for your mental wellbeing

The New Zealand Government has a dedicated page on the website to help with mental wellbeing. Visit the site to discover tips, tools and places where you can get further support. Remember to reach out to your usual supports such as whānau, friends, workmates and wider community if you are having a tough time.

Check in with your employer to see if they already have an employee assistant program that may be able to be utilised for free or at a reduced rate. Your local church community may also have options for someone to reach out to.