If you’re self-employed then KiwiSaver provides a handy and cost-effective option to save for retirement. If you know someone who is self-employed then tell them, your friends and your family about Christian KiwiSaver Scheme, a KiwiSaver scheme for Christians that reflects Christian values and is founded on ethical and responsible investment principles. Send them a link to this article.
All New Zealanders under age 65 can join.
You don’t have to be in paid employment to join, it’s open to:
- workers who are self-employed
- those not in paid employment
Self-employed people have great options:
- They can choose the amount they save in KiwiSaver
- They can make contributions on a regular basis or lump sum payments every so often
- They choose their KiwiSaver scheme (pick ours!)
- They are entitled to the government’s annual contribution of up to $1,042.86
- They are entitled to all of the other KiwiSaver benefits.
It’s never too late or too early to start but the earlier saving starts the better off the saver is likely to be. Saving a little over a long time has proven to be a really good option.